Reusing at Home
You can reuse many things in your home everyday. Some great things
to reuse are:
- Plastic bags – plastic bags from the supermarket are strong and
you can use them again and again. Once you have finished using them
take them back to the supermarket to be recycled.
- Cardboard boxes – these can be reused to store things in around
- Furniture – remember that repairing things makes them last longer.
- Videos and Audio tapes – video tapes can be used again and again.
So once you have watched your favourite movie enough you can reuse
the video to tape something else.
- Textbooks – when you have finished with your textbooks at the end
of the year, make sure students in the lower year can use the books.
Look after your books so they can be reused by someone else.
- Clothes – these can go from one family member to another. So look
after them so they last a long time.
- Old sheets and towels – even if old sheets and towels have been
torn or ripped, they can still be reused as wiping rags in your home
or for washing cars.
- Household bits and pieces - Making gifts and other fun stuff is
a great way to reuse things around the house that might have otherwise
been thrown away.
More information on Reusing in the Community
More information on Repairing